Morus nigra ‘Pendula’
Other common names : Mulberry Tree ‘Pendula’
- Deciduous broad-leaved tree.
Physical Properties :
- Under optimum conditions, grows to 3-4 m height, 5-6 m spread and it grows downward.
- Inoculated drooping form on the wild berry varieties from seed is obtained.
- Elongated and downward growing branches are thickened after a few years.
- Long, thin and downward growing branches are getting more thicker after a few years.
- Bright green coloured, oval formed or sometimes deeply lobed leaves turns yellow and fall in autumn.
Sun Request :
- Prefer full sunlight.
Bloom Time and Colour :
- It has flashy flowers like opens drooping spikes shape between May and June.
Fruit Time and Colour :
- White or pinkish white fruits starts in autumn.
- Prefer moist, well-drained soils.
- It has high tolerance to bad conditions.
- USDA Zone 4b: -31.6 °C (-25 °F)
- USDA Zone 5a: -28.8 °C (-20 °F)
- USDA Zone 5b: -26.1 °C (-15 °F)
- USDA Zone 6a: -23.3 °C (-10 °F)
- USDA Zone 6b: -20.5 °C (-5 °F)
- USDA Zone 7a: -17.7 °C (0 °F)
- USDA Zone 7b: -14.9 °C (5 °F)
- USDA Zone 8a: -12.2 °C (10 °F)
- USDA Zone 8b: -9.4 °C (15 °F)
- USDA Zone 9a: -6.6 ° C (20 ° F)
- USDA Zone 9b: -3.8 ° C (25 ° F)
- USDA Zone 9b: -1.1 ° C (30 ° F)