Other common names: Calamondin Orange, Panama Orange, Calamansi
Synonym: Citrus madurensis
- Evergreen trees or small trees.
Physical Properties :
- Under optimum conditions, grows to 3-4 m height and 2-3 m crown diameter.
- Grows compact form and it has small leaves.
- This species kind of between Mandaline and Kumquat
Sun Request :
- Prefer full sunlight and partial shade.
Bloom Time and Colour :
- Fragrant, showy and white flowers starts from spring and stays on it at the and of the autumn.
Fruit Time and Colour :
- It has small, rounden fruits orange coloured and thin-shelled.
- This plant passes the entire year fruity in the appropriate climatic conditions.
- Prefer well-drained and moisture soils.
- Show unhealthy growth in high calcareous soils.
- It is sensitive to low temperatures.
- It is insensitive to wind.
- When it lose soil moisture is shed their leaves.
- It is suitable for indoor areas with plenty of lights.
- Can be use in perfume industry.
- USDA Zone 10a: -1.1 ° C (30 ° F)
- USDA Zone 10b: 1.7 °C (35 °F)
- USDA Zone 11: 4.5 °C (40 °F)