Other common names: Flowering Quince
Pot capacity: 14 Lt
- Deciduous shrubs.
Physical Properties :
- Under optimum conditions, grows to 1-1.5 m height,1.5-2 m spread.
- It has prickly and geared edged leaves.
- After flowering period leaves starts growing bronze-red colored but in maturation period leaves turns to dark green.
Sun Request :
- Prefer full sunlight and partial shade.
Bloom Time and Colour :
- It’s the most remarkable plant with branches which open flowers before leaves start rising.
- It has red-orange spectacular flowers from mid-spring to early summer.
Fruit Time and Color :
- It has fake fruit similar to quince and edible.
- Fruits are golden yellow color and fragrant.
- It can grow any efficent soil.
- Handling plant may cause skin irritation or allergic reaction
- Should be careful about pruning because flowering starts from old branches.
- It would open more flowers when plants exposed to severe colds.
- USDA Zone 5a: -28,8 ° C (-20 ° F)
- USDA Zone 5b: -26,1 ° C (-15 ° F)
- USDA Zone 6a: -23,3 ° C (-10 ° F)
- USDA Zone 6b : -20,5 ° C (-5 ° F)
- USDA Zone 7a: -17,7 ° C (0 ° F)
- USDA Zone 7b: -14.9 ° C (5 ° F)
- USDA Zone 8a: -12,2 ° C ( 10 ° F)
- USDA Zone 8b: -9,4 ° C (15 ° F)
- USDA Zone 9a:-6.6 ° C (20 ° F)
- USDA Zone 9b: -3.8 ° C (25 ° F)