Berberis thunbergii ‘Green Carpet’
Other common names: Japanese Barberry ‘Green Carpet’
Pot capacity: 7 Lt
- Deciduous shurbs.
Physical Properties :
- Under optimum conditions, grows to 80-100 cm height,1-1.5 m spread and it can use as a groundcover plant.
- Leaves are more dense-red, young shoots are bright yellow-green and prickly in autumn session.
- It has frequent texture and dense leaves.
Sun Request :
- Prefer full sunlight and partial shade.
Bloom Time and Colour :
- It has pale lemon-colored flowers in spring and it attracts attention between green stalks.
- Prefer well-drained and moisture soils.
- Plant has spines or sharp edges; use extreme caution when handling and planting.
- It has resistance to frost.
- USDA Zone 5a: -28,8 ° C (-20 ° F)
- USDA Zone 5b : -26,1 ° C (-15 ° F)
- USDA Zone 6a: -23.3 °C (-10 °F)
- USDA Zone 6b: -20.5 °C (-5 °F)
- USDA Zone 7a: -17.7 °C (0 °F)
- USDA Zone 7b: -14.9 °C (5 °F)
- USDA Zone 8a: -12.2 °C (10 °F)
- USDA Zone 8b: -9.4 °C (15 °F)
- USDA Zone 9a: -6.6 °C (20 °F)
- USDA Zone 9b: -3.8 °C (25 °F)